Enter Railway Station Name
Have you ever wondered what happens PNR status ? PNR is an abbreviation for the term “Passenger Name Record,” which is used by IRCTC to assign ticket numbers to passengers who booked their seats in any train. Whenever you book a reservation ticket through IRCTC website, app or from the ticket window, you get a PNR number, which is unique for each ticket or transaction. IRCTC PNR status refers to the current reservation status of that particular ticket number in that particular train.
CHECK PNR STATUS
How to check PNR status of your ticket booking online? With online its become very easy to check your irctc PNRstatus. Just enter your 10 digit PNR number in the above form and click on the PNR status button. Once you submitted your PNR number, you will get your PNR status and then check whether your ticket is confirmed or not. See the ticket status codes at the bottom of the page for more details.
Current status of your IRCTC PNR STATUS
In order to check IRCTC PNR Status, passenger must have a valid ticket or the PNR number of a valid ticket. The PNRnumber is provided individually through a SMS and Email if you book a ticket online or through IRCTC mobile app . If you book a ticket through station window, you will get a ticket with PNR number marked at the top left of it.
Check PNR Status : –
- PNR status enquiry through online websites
- Current reservation status check using SMS
- Mobile applications
- Railway enquiry counters at railway station
- Final reservation charts
Check PNR Status Online :-
- click here
- Enter your 10 digit PNR number in the box given here.
- Click on the submit button.
- You will get the current status of your IRCTC ticket.
Apart from online, you can also check PNR status through sms or voice calling. Different ways to check the IRCTCPNR
Dial 139 from your landline or mobile number and follow the instructions.
An SMS enquiry to fetch the PNR Status: “PNR-NUMBER ” to 5888 or 57886 or 5676747
Note :- The current status of a PNR number may change before the final chart preparation, which is usually done 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the train. Sometimes passengers get confused with the abbreviations used in status of ticket. So this is the reason that we have described some important abbreviations here which are commonly used.
Once you get PNR status, then you have to know whether the ticket is confirmed or not. If the PNR status code isCNF, then your ticket is confirmed. There are different types of PNR codes that you will get. The list of PNR codes are shown below:
1. CNF: Confirmed ( PNR is confirmed and Coach/Berth number will be available after final chart preparation)
2. RAC : Reservation against Cancellation (A birth will be assigned even if the ticket is not confirmed)
3. WL : Waiting List Number (No birth will be assigned. WL Tickets booked through IRCTC website/app will get cancelled automatically if not confirmed until chart preparation)
4. GNWL : General Wait List
5. PQWL : Pooled Quota Wait List
6. RLWL : Remote Location Wait List
7. CAN / MOD : Cancelled or Modified Ticket
8. REGRET/WL : No More Ticket Booking allowed